Tuesday, May 3, 2011

31 Days~ Day 3

Today is day 3. It was the shot in the arm that I needed. Arm... speaking of which, my shoulder has been acting up. So while I worked hard I really tried to be gentle on my bad shoulder.

The Mary challenge said to ask your family what makes them feel most loved when it comes to you caring for your home. Well... the wording, unfortunately, went over my husband's head. And it hit me, I'm communicating in female terms again. So I had to re-word it a bit and find out what it was that he liked when he walked in the door. His response? The smell of food cooking for dinner, and peace. Not arguing amongst the kids and a frazzled "I have NO idea what we're having for dinner so don't even ask me" look on a frazzled wife's face. Hehe. Not that I ever have that kind of environment in my home! Ok, yes I do. But I usually try to have the kids do a quick pick up of their toys, I try to tidy up a bit and run a comb through my hair and sometimes get a candle lit before he walks in. It doesn't happen every night but I do love to do it when I can. So, tonight, knowing what he likes, the house will be picked up, and dinner will be in the crock simmering. That's all it takes.

As for the Martha challenge. THIS is where the shot in the arm comes in. Now, I have "wipe tops and fronts of cabinets and refrigerator" as a part of my routine (I use index cards from the SHE system.) So they weren't too bad. However, I still had my Snow Village on the top of my cabinets. They look so cute up there that one year I left them year round. The upside? Not having to take them down, pack them up, carry them to the basement, only to do the reverse in a few months. The downside? They were gucky and gross and needed a good cleaning after that. So, today I pulled them all down and packed them up and the boys helped me get them to the basement. I admit, it felt good to get them put away and I loved having the boys help. My shoulder? It's not as happy but I'm working out...

A couple years ago I bought some cute little garden decorations, birds, flowers, etc. I never splurge on decor. But that year I really wanted something springy. So today I brought it out of the box that it was stored in since last October and put them in place on my cabinets! It looks so cheery!

I did wipe all surfaces while I was at it and even scrubbed the light fixture over the sink. Now I need to ask my sweet hubby to take that one last box to the basement, cuz this shoulder is finished. I hope you are being blessed in this 3rd day of the challenge! :)

4 comments:

  1. You are on a roll!! :) Good job!! Bad shoulder! :( I hope it feels better for you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christin. I hope so too, however it's been going on for weeks. But got a good therapy treatment in yesterday so hope I didn't do anything to mess it up too much haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Hugs* Praying your shoulder gets better! You're doing great....this is really a wonderful book to read.

    ReplyDelete