Tuesday, May 31, 2011

31 Days To Be Continued... Overwhelmed!

I really haven't fallen off the planet. But I had to postpone the 31 Days challenge for a bit. Not because it's overwhelming or not doable. But because I hit a wall recently. And I want to take the time to do it properly.

I think it's somewhat in our nature, as moms, to push ourselves past a healthy level of activity. Some of it is beyond our control. We have to take care of our kids, our homes, our husbands, and if we homeschool, the education of our kiddos. But for some reason, that plate isn't quite full enough.

Correction, it's packed full. And yet, we can balance a bit more on our plates if we stack it right, and maybe if we juggle it just right we can add a few more things on top of the top. But eventually the balance is gone and the plate topples.

My thyroid isn't exactly in tip top shape. I know lots of ladies can identify. If you know anything about the thyroid, you know that it has a lot of influence in how you are feeling. As does your immune system and your adrenals. It seems all of mine were tapped out. I ordered a few herbal products to help get back on track. But by Monday morning last week I was unable to stay out of bed for very long at a time. My order came on Tuesday and I'm happy to say each day is an improvement! I've got a ways to go but I'm much more human these days.

Don't write yourself off as emotional, crazy, too tired, etc. You may need to re-evaluate what is on your plate. And then find a really great Naturopath who can help balance those hormones. It's so worth the time and effort!

As for the challenge, I'll get back to it later. When I have time. Hahaha! Yes, I need to scrape a few things off the plate! But first, the homeschool convention! Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment